No Transmission Dip Stick????
It's that way for a reason,well many reasons................
My 2010 liberty is my first Chrysler product. I can't believe there is no transmission dip stick. The dealer says it's a dealer service item now and it's the same on a lot of their cars. He said I could buy one for $169.
Is the KJ the same?
Does everyone drive into the dealer every time they want to check the level of their transmission oil?
Click to expand...
The 1st is owners rarely ever check there own fluid level anyways,second they rarely correctly check it,and 3rd they almost never use the correct fluid.
Your trans requires ATF+4,any other trans fluid can damage your trans,plus your trans is very picky on it's fluid level and it takes some time to correctly check the level which must be done on a level surface with the trans in "N".Another reason is the fluid temp plays a critical role in fluid level which owners do not take into account.
Chrysler is not the 1st or only ones to eliminate the trans dipstick,Ford and GM have been doing it for 10+ years on some vehicles.There are even vehicles out there today with out a engine oil dipstick also,have been for sometime now.
Automatic Transmission Dipstick for Chrysler Jeep Dodge - Level Tool with Directions check auto trans fluid oil level -Dealer #s : 8863B, 9336, 9336A, 42RLE, NAG1, 62TE 2.7 3.5 3.6 3.7 5.7 6.1 6.4
1. Allows you to Check Level on 2.7, 3.5, 3.6 3.7, 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 Engines that originally came without a dipstick.
2. For Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge vehicles that originally came without a dipstick, allows you to check fluid level without going to the Dealer, it would save you lots of money.
3. As with the dealer Tool (9336), this dipstick is used to measure the fluid level, and then removed and cap put back on the tube.
1. You need a scan tool to measure trans fluid temp and a graph from service information specific to that vehicle that shows what the level should be max to minimum depending on the fluid temp.
2. So you check the fluid temp with a scan tool, check the min-max range for that temp on the graph, then bottom out the dipstick into the dipstick tube till it hits the bottom of the trans pan.
3. The dipstick shows the fluid level in centimeters and you compare youre fluid level reading in CM to the graph and the indicated fluid temp.
4. So its the right tool for the job in the right hands but its a universal dipstick that alone cannot verify the correct fluid level without knowing the trans fluid temp and having access to the correct fill graph for the vehicle in question.
TIPS:This oil dipstick is just a tool for measuring the level of the fuel tank. It needs to be taken out after the measurement and cannot be installed on the car as a part of the car.
We're offline for a tune-up, we'll be up and running smoothly very soon.
In the meantime, here are some other options available:
Advance Auto Parts store
We appreciate your patience – on your next visit, use coupon code PS20 for 20% off your purchase.
We look forward to serving you,
The Advance Team
Dipstick jeep transmission
.NAG1 Transmission Fluid Check (2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD OM642)
You will also be interested:
- 100 hour service mercury outboard
- Sr contracts administrator salary
- 3m blocks
- Morning diffuser blend young living
- Nice outfit in spanish
- Zelda coliseum
- Dict python
- So confused lyrics
- Sunsun pre filter
- Elite dangerous trading
- Water crocks for sale