Leticia Hand Painted Muslin Background
Our Hand Painted backgrounds are created on heavy-weight, 100% cotton muslin in a layering technique that provides depth in the final image.
Our heavy-duty muslin will withstand tearing and moisture. Great for all types of photography when you need a backdrop. Whether you are a professional or an aspiring amateur, this will add a professional touch to your photography. Especially useful in Family, Children, Wedding, Model, Commercial, and High School Senior photography.
Please allow approximate 5% shrinkage in width and length.
Plan for a 2 week production time before the background is ready to ship. If you need it sooner, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Having run my own studio for many years, I have found no use for rod pockets. It takes far too long to change if you are doing multiple backgrounds within one session. I am instead INCLUDING the same CLAMPS I use in my studio for hanging muslin. You will find it is quick, easy, and if a cheerleader steps too far back....the clamp comes loose...NOT your background stands!
* Heavy-Weight 100% Cotton Muslin
* Exceptional depth due to the layered application of paints
* Comes with Spring Clamps for easy hanging
* Can be draped or hung straight
* The back can be photographed as a varation of the front
* Works exceptional with gels and background lights
* Available in more custom sizes and styles
Cotton Muslin vs. Seamless Paper Backdrops for Photography: Which One is Right for You?
OK, so you’re looking for a backdrop, but aren’t sure whether seamless paper backdrops or cotton muslin ones are the right choice. We’re going to take a look at the different features of each type of backdrops for photography to help you choose the one that’s right for you.
Backdrops are large pieces of fabric or paper used on a stand or a roll to give a smooth and even background to your subject. They come in different colours and types such as:
- Cotton muslin
- Seamless paper
- Pop-up backdrops
What are Cotton Muslin Backdrops?Cotton muslin backdrops like our Cotton Muslin Backdrops are perfect for portrait, product, fashion, baby photography, and shooting video. They come in a variety of sizes so you can find one that will work for half or full-body shots.
They need clamping to a stand and pulling taut to give the best look, and several of our Large Peg Clamps will help get that smooth look when used with a backdrop stand. You can also pin cotton muslin backdrops to a wall.
What are Seamless Paper Backdrops?
Seamless paper backdrops come in half or full-size rolls like the Half Paper Backdrops, and the Full Paper Backdrops so you can choose one that fits your space and the type of photos you want to take.
Paper rolls need to be used with a sturdy backdrop stand to keep the roll safe and stable while you’re shooting. Seamless paper backdrops can be used for all the same things that cotton muslin ones can.
Pros of Cotton Muslin Backdrops
There are several advantages to using cotton muslin backdrops, including:
- Portability - they fold or roll up to be put in a bag and weight much less than a paper roll. This makes them a good choice for location shoots or for travelling to a client’s house.
- Durability - muslins are tougher than paper and will last much longer than a roll
- Cotton muslins have more of a texture to them than the clean seamlessness of paper which a lot of photographers like
- Muslins tend to be less reflective than paper rolls so can be easier to light
- Reusable - if your muslin gets dirty, then you can just pop it in the washing machine and steam it to remove any wrinkles when dry
- More economical - a cotton muslin backdrop will last for many years if taken care of
As well as the Cotton muslin Backdrops in a variety of bolder colours, there’s our new ‘Pastel Palette’ Muslin Backdrop (3X3M) or ‘Pastel Palette’ Muslin Backdrop (3X6M)
The ‘Pastel Palette’ range comes in a variety of gorgeous soft colours and are ideal for fashion, portrait, product, or family photography:
- Holy Guacamole Green
- Pink Salmon
- Clean Slate Grey (Dark Grey)
- Waterfall Grey (Light Grey)
Pros of Seamless Paper Backdrops
Rolls of seamless paper backdrops are often found in professional photography studios where there is plenty of space to store the rolls.
You need to use a backdrop stand with paper rolls, and they come in two sizes - Half Paper Backdrops and the Full Paper Backdrops so you can choose the size to suit your space. Although seamless paper is not as easy to transport or store as cotton muslin, it does have its own advantages:
- Great for large spaces and studios
- Recycle the soiled paper and/or the cardboard inner tube when you are done
- Seamless paper gives a clean, smooth-looking background - ideal for product and ecommerce
- No need to steam wrinkles out - just cut the soiled part of the paper off and pull out a fresh, new backdrop
- Paper can give you a flawless infinity sweep that is great for taking images on a pure white background with no shadows
How to Set Up a Cotton Muslin Backdrop
Although you can tack your cotton muslin backdrop to a wall or doorframe, a good backdrop stand like the Paper Backdrop Standwill make working with them so much easier.
Iron or steam your cotton muslin to get any wrinkles out first - unless you’re going for a grungy, wrinkled backdrop!
The backdrop stand can be set to any height by raising the stands and crossbar. The cotton muslin backdrop is stretched taut and held securely on the crossbar and sides by several Backdrop Peg Clamps to give a smooth, wrinkle-free backdrop.
Alternatively you can use two or more backdrops of the same colour pinned to the crossbar so that they drape down in elegant folds instead of a flat and smooth surface.
It’s not so much about which type of backdrop is the best, because both have their strong points. It’s about which type is best for you and the photography or videography you do. Space, storage, and transporting as well as price are all factors that will contribute to your final decision, but both types of backdrop can be used for any photography shoot.
Here’s a couple of extra tips on using backdrops for you:
- Use a hand-held steamer to get the wrinkles out of cotton muslin - it’s far easier and quicker than ironing acres of cloth!
- Try rolling your muslin up instead of folding to store it as it will get less creases and wrinkles that way. Use an old cardboard core tube from a used up roll of seamless and roll your muslin round the tube.
- If you haven’t got time or opportunity to get the creases out but don’t want them in your photos, then shoot with a larger aperture and get your subject to stand or sit some distance from the backdrop to reduce the obvious wrinkles.
- Store your paper rolls upright to protect the edges from damage. Stop it unrolling by clamping the roll at top and bottom.
The Best Muslin Backdrops for Photo Shoots in the Studio and On-the-Go
A simple way to turn any space into a professional-looking studio is to hang up a backdrop. While you could theoretically use an old bedsheet, it’s best to pick up a background made of muslin, as the cotton presents a tight and dense weave, and it tends to be very durable. A top-quality muslin will be more forgiving than a cheaper product, retaining fewer wrinkles, even if you fold it up to travel for shoots—though most can easily be smoothed out with a steamer. Our picks below will help you find your next go-to backdrop.
1. Neewer Pure Muslin Collapsible Backdrop
This 100% pure muslin backdrop has a substantive feel and weight; the fabric is heavy-duty, to last many photoshoots. Featuring a pocket for a rod along one edge, it can easily be hung but also looks sophisticated when draped. The material is consistent throughout and doesn’t easily attract dirt, and, while it will wrinkle with use, any crease can be eliminated quickly with a steam iron. It’s also finished along the edges to prevent fraying or accidental rips.
2. LimoStudio Solid Black Background
LimoStudio’s product is a close runner-up, although it comes in just one color: black. It is slightly sheer, but that is evident only if you’re hanging it against light; it will otherwise provide a consistent, true black backdrop. To extend its life, all its edges are neatly crimped, and any dirt can be banished simply by tossing this muslin in a washing machine. Another neat detail: one side has a matte finish, and the other has a sheen, giving you two surfaces to work with.
3. Emart Black Muslin Photography Backdrop
If you can sacrifice some quality for a lower price, we like this economical backdrop from Emart. It is just large enough for full-length portrait photography and features an even-textured, nonreflective surface with fully finished edges. In terms of thickness, it feels a tad more substantial than a bedsheet, so it’s best used against a dark-colored wall. It also does wrinkle easily, so we’d recommend steaming it before each use. As long as you take good care of it and keep it hanging taut with the included clips, you should be able to achieve good photos with it.
4. Savage Solid Muslin Background
An industry standard, Savage’s muslin backdrops are made of top-quality cotton that have zero reflection. Available in multiple colors, some of these fabrics could be artworks on their own. The colors are solid and consistent throughout the surface, and they do not easily wrinkle. The backdrops are extremely durable and will last you years, and they can conveniently be refreshed in a washing machine. Each features professional seams along the edges and a rod pocket for frustration-free hanging.
5. Impact Crushed Muslin Background
If you want a backdrop that makes a statement, we like this option from Impact. Made of 100% soft yet durable cotton, it features a beautiful crinkled surface with a soothing abstract design; the gray daubs look like the results of natural dyes. Totally seamless, the fabric is nonreflective and is even designed to absorb light. It’s finished with not only a rod pocket but also five eyelets, so you can quickly hook it up. Cleaning is also convenient, as it’s machine-safe on a gentle wash cycle.
Photography background muslin
.Quickly removing wrinkles from your Muslin Backdrops - Studio Photography Tutorial Silverlake Photo
- Cvs hours montgomery al
- Fame acoustic electric guitar
- Clam clamps amazon
- Elegant blue bedrooms
- Jokes funny jokes
- Shopping pixel art
- Ameristar hvac ratings
- Connected bluetooth speakers
- Alcohol ink tutorials youtube